Clear News Theme Documentation
Sample Data and Child Theme Download
Use the links below to download the sample data file and child theme for this theme.
NOTE: WordPress does not provide import functionality for theme options, custom fields, required plugins, or other settings. This means that you will need to configure your theme options after importing the demo content.
Theme Options Panel
Clear News is integrated with the WordPress theme Customizer (Appearance > Customize), giving you easy control over Clear News's various options.
The home page can be configured with either a standard or full width (as shown on the demo) intro including a featured image. To get you’re home page to display like the theme demo, follow these steps:
- Create a Page, give it a title, content, and set a featured image.
- Go to Appearance > Customize
- Find the Theme section and set the Page for Intro option to the page you just created.
- In the Theme section, set the Intro Format option to Full Width.
- Go to Settings > Reading.
- Set the Front page displays option to Your latest posts.
Your front page should now display your latest posts with a large full width image and content above it, as shown in the theme demo.
Clear News includes 3 different types of post options called “Post Formats” including Standard, Photo, Video and Audio post formats. Continue reading below for more information on how to publish new posts for each of these formats. All post formats are published using the same process:
- Login to your WordPress admin and select “Posts”.
- Click “Add New” to begin creating a new post.
- Add your post title and post content.
- Within the right hand sidebar, choose at least one category or add a new category for your post to be published in.
- Within the right hand sidebar, find the “Format” box and click the type of post you would like to publish (e.g. “Standard”). Continue reading below for additional steps required for each individual post format.
- Click “Publish” to publish your post.
Standard “Text Only” Posts
Standard “text only” posts do no require any additional steps.
Photo posts will display any selected photo prominently at the top of your post. After choosing the “Photo” post format, follow the steps below to complete your post:
- Within the right hand sidebar, find the “Featured Image” box and select a featured image for your photo post.
Video posts will display any embeddable video prominently at the top of your post. After choosing the “Video” post format, follow the steps below to complete your post:
- Enter your video URL (e.g. “https://vimeo.com/28700039″) in the field provided (above the post editor).
- Within the right hand sidebar, find the “Featured Image” box and select a featured image for your video.