So Simple Theme Documentation
Sample Data and Child Theme Download
Use the links below to download the sample data file and child theme for this theme.
NOTE: WordPress does not provide import functionality for theme options, custom fields, required plugins, or other settings. This means that you will need to configure your theme options after importing the demo content.
Theme Options Panel
So Simple is integrated with the WordPress theme Customizer (Appearance > Customize), giving you easy control over So Simple's various options.
Create an Intro Page
To create an intro page as show on the demo, add a new page with your intro page content then follow the steps below:
- Click “Appearance” and then “Customize” within your WordPress admin.
- After the page loads, click “Theme Options“.
- Under “Page for Intro“, select the intro page you’ve just created.
- Click “Save” to save your changes.
Full Screen Post Images
To add a full-screen background image to your post, follow the steps below:
- While editing a post, find the “Featured Image” box.
- Click “Set Featured Image“, then select or upload your featured image.
- In the “Post Options” box below, select the color of text you would like to use on your background image.
Using the More Tag for Post Intros
Truncating your posts as shown in the theme demo is really easy to do using the WordPress “more” tag.
- While editing a post, place your cursor where you would like to truncate your post.
- Click the “More” tag in your post editor to insert the break point.