Cafe Elements Theme Documentation
Sample Data and Child Theme Download
Use the links below to download the sample data file and child theme for this theme.
NOTE: WordPress does not provide import functionality for theme options, custom fields, required plugins, or other settings. This means that you will need to configure your theme options after importing the demo content.
Theme Options Panel
Cafe Elements is integrated with the WordPress theme Customizer (Appearance > Customize), giving you easy control over Cafe Element's various options.
The Cafe Elements theme supports a single page modular functionality. These modules are controlled through the WordPress Customizer, using custom Widgets built for this theme.
- Within your WordPress admin, navigate to the “Customizer“, then select the “Widgets“.
- To add a widget to the homepage, select “Add Widget. Then choose from one of the Cafe Module widgets.
- Fill out the fields in the widget you selected, not all fields are required.
- You can drag and drop the widgets to reorder them on the page.
- All changes should reflect right away in the customizer, allowing you to make your changes live.
- When you’re finished, select “Save & Publish” at the top of the page.
Adding Internal Homepage Navigation Links
If you click on a navigation item in the Cafe Elements demo, your browser will scroll to that section on the home page. This setup is fairly easy, though not immediately obvious.
Once you have setup your homepage modules, navigate to Appearance > Menus and create a new custom menu (or edit an existing one). The homepage items in your menu will be custom links, so expand the ‘Custom Links’ option and follow this format:
The ‘#drinks’ URL assumes that you have created a homepage module with the Section Title ‘Drinks’ (not case-sensitive). The ‘Label’ is what you want your navigation item to display as in your menu. Remember that ‘#drinks’ is just an example, so if you’ve used a different section title name, for example ‘Food’, then you would use ‘#food’ instead. Simply repeat this process for as many homepage modules you have and want to link to from the navigation menu.